The Re-Creation group will be at Kissinger’s Church, 715 Berkshire Blvd., Wyomissing, next Saturday at 6:30 pm to present their program, “Rockin ‘Little Christmas”. The program consists of traditional hymns, carols, classic Christmas carols and new songs. These talented young performers captivate audiences of all ages. The program transforms the space into a wonderful, unforgettable entertainment spectacle, with colorful and vibrant costumes, state-of-the-art sound and professional choreography. Admission is by donation.
From 4 p.m. to 6 p.m., there will also be a spaghetti dinner. To eat in or to take away. Cost: adults, $ 9; 5-9 years old, $ 5; under 5, free. Includes spaghetti with house sauce and meatballs, salad, bun, cake and drink.
• Schwarzwald United Church of Christ, 75 Church Lane Road, Township of Exeter, will be holding an in-person and Zoom service on Sunday at 10:30 am It will also be available on YouTube. Bonnie Levan will be the guest pianist. For more information, visit www.schwarzwalducci-pa.org.
• Zion United Church of Christ and St. Paul’s United Church of Christ will celebrate together in person Sunday at 10:15 am at 301 W. Penn Ave., Robesonia, and through YouTube, Facebook and phone. The second Advent candle will be lit. Advent music will be provided by Reverend Robert Masenheimer, Music Director. Sunday school for all ages is at 9 a.m. Scarves, hats, gloves and mittens are collected for Opportunity House and St. Paul’s Clothing Closet. Items are also being collected for homebound members of the two congregations. See 1zion.org for more details.
• The Reformation Lutheran Church, 3670 Perkiomen Ave., Exeter Township, will celebrate the Second Sunday of Advent with in-person worship at 8:30 am and 10:30 am. Masks are compulsory. The Reform Choir, under the direction of Dr Heidi Rochlin, Music Director, will lead the worship service during the subsequent service. The 10:30 am service will be streamed live on Reformation’s Facebook page and can be viewed later on www.Reformationlutheran.org. under the worship videos. The Advent of the Reformation devotion, written by members of the Reformation, is available in the narthex on Sunday mornings. A jazz concert will take place Thursday evening at 7 pm at the sanctuary (voluntary offering) and will feature Al Rochlin, trumpet; Pete Souders, saxophone; Chip Breaux, bass; and Paul Columbia, guitar. The concert will also be broadcast live on the FB page of the Music Performance Trust Fund.
• Christ Lutheran Church, 222 Niantic Road, Barto, will celebrate the Second Sunday of Advent at 9 am, with Holy Communion. After the service, the congregation’s fall meeting will take place. Before the worship service, there will be a coffee and a conversation at 8:30 a.m. in the reception center, and after the service there will also be a coffee and a conversation. Intergenerational Sunday School will be held in the visiting room after worship. Masks are recommended.
• West Wyomissing Chapel, 2055 Reading Blvd., West Lawn, will kick off Christmas Sunday. At the 9am service, the Chapel Choir will present the Christmas Cantata “Christmas Forever, Amen” directed by Ruthann Deiterich. The 10:30 am service will be a “Christmas service” led by worship leader Mindy Long. For more information, call 610-678-1873.
• The Schwarzwald Lutheran Church, 250 Church Lane Road, Township of Exeter, will be hosting an in-person service at 10:30 am Unvaccinated people should wear masks. The registered service will be available Monday on Facebook.
• Reading Moravian Church, 1116 Perry St., Reading, will celebrate the Second Sunday of Advent with the lighting of the second Advent wreath candle at 10 am. The Copper Menagerie will provide a musical holiday message. Masks are mandatory and social distancing is recommended.
• Christ Episcopal Church, 435 Court Street, Reading, will be holding a blue candlelight Christmas service this evening at 5:30 pm with music to relieve those who are feeling down this season. On Sunday, there will be three in-person worship services, all including the Holy Eucharist: at 8 am, there will be a said service (no music); at 9, a service for families with young children; and at 10:15 am, a service with music. Anyone attending these services is requested to wear a mask. Parking is available at the Abraham Lincoln Parking Lot and M&T Bank Parking Lot, both located off Washington Street. Parking next to the church on Court Street is available for people with disabilities or needing assistance. To join the 10:15 a.m. live stream and to access Centering Prayer Zoom, go to rdgchristchurch.org. On Thursday morning at 11 a.m., a morning prayer group based on the Book of Common Prayer will meet in the Red Bridge Recreation Area in Canton Bern, weather permitting.
• Trinity United Church of Christ, 2449 Cumberland Ave., Mount Penn, will celebrate Second Advent Sunday in person at 10:15 am, with Holy Communion. The parish school for adults will take place at 9 a.m. Masks are recommended. The service will also be recorded and posted on the church’s Facebook page after the service.
• St. John’s Lutheran Church, 45 N. Reading Ave., Boyertown, will have in-person worship on Sunday at 9:30 am The service will also be broadcast live on YouTube. Children’s Sunday school is at 9:30 a.m. Register at stjohnsboyertown.org. There will be a free take-out drive-through meal every Saturday from 4.30 p.m. to 5.30 p.m. The church will also have an Advent service on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Bern Reformed UCC, 3196 Bernville Road, Bern Township, offers live worship services on Sundays at 9:30 am, or participate from your vehicle via an FM 87.9 transmission.
• The United Church of Christ St. Paul, 5 W. Arch St., Fleetwood, will have two church services in the sanctuary on Sunday at 9:00 am and 10:30 am, including Holy Communion. Bring your items. The 9 am service will also be available on Facebook and YouTube; links can be found at www.stpaulsfleetwood.org. The special music will be “The Crossing” at 9am and “Come, Light of Hope” at 10:30 am by the Chancel Choir. Stacy Laucks will be the hymn’s soloist. The cult leaders are Bob Wolf at 9 a.m. and Jim Goldman at 10:30 a.m.
• Maidencreek Church, 261 Main Street, Maidencreek Township, will hold a hybrid service celebrating the Second Sunday of Advent at 9:00 am with Holy Communion. Music includes a piano solo by Carter Flicker, a violin solo by Sophia Ayrton, a trumpet solo by Jamie Ayrton, a piano duet by Miles and Megan Esterly, piano and organ music by Kimberly Ayrton; as well as a congregational hymn. The worship in person is broadcast live on Facebook and You Tube. The links can be found at maidencreekchurch.org. If the holidays are tough for you this year, for whatever reason, join a Blue Christmas service in person at 4 p.m. on Sunday (this service will not be broadcast live until it has been changed) .