LAS VEGAS (KLAS) – Chinese New Year in the Desert returns to Las Vegas from February 3-6 for the 11th year in a row.
Here is the program of all the planned festivities:
- Thursday February 3: Inauguration ceremony and launch party
- From 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Grand Canal Shoppes Las Vegas and the X Pot Venetian, the celebration will consist of a “lion’s eye point” ritual and traditional dance performances. Tickets range from $ 228 to $ 1,328 and can be purchased here.
- Friday February 4: VIP dinner and karaoke
- From 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. at Taverna Costa, the event includes family-style dinner and cocktails, the lion’s blessing, traditional folk dances, and rooftop karaoke. This event is currently full, but those who wish to attend can email [email protected] to be placed on the waiting list.
- Saturday February 5: Spring Festival Parade
- From 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in downtown Las Vegas, the parade will feature decorative floats, elaborate costumes and traditional lions. The parade route will be finalized by January 8. For more details or to request to participate in the parade, visit this link.
- Sunday February 6: Closing ceremony and gala dinner
- From 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Rainbow Kitchen, the closing event will include a 9-course family-style Chinese dinner. This event is currently full, but those who wish to attend can email [email protected] to be placed on the waiting list.
Additional information and any updates to the festivities program are available at this link.
Chinese New Year in the Desert began at Fremont Street Experience in 2012 and has since expanded its festivities to other parts of the city.
The Lunar New Year or “Spring Festival” is the most important Chinese holiday, and the money raised by the Chinese New Year in the desert has been used to educate the community about the cultures of Asian America and the Pacific Islands in regarding the annual celebration.
Major supporters of the celebration include the Asian / Pacific American Chamber of Commerce and Entrepreneurship, Las Vegas Golden Knights, City of Las Vegas, JAMBA inside Harry Reid International Airport and Golden Catalyst , LLC.