Surveys for events are carried out with the objective of collecting information about the satisfaction of the attendees.
In this way, it is possible to obtain feedback that allows making the appropriate adjustments to improve the performance and experience of the attending public.
The organizers must be aware of different aspects, such as logistics, satisfaction of the attendees and meet the objective of the event.
Using surveys for events becomes the best tool for organizers to know the opinion of the public.
Advantages of doing market research to organize an event
Market research can help you plan an event , especially to see if your event is having the success you want or if you plan to find the right audience to attend.
Among the benefits of doing research prior to the event are:
- You can get information such as age, profession, income, habits, etc. By knowing your target audience, you can reduce costs and exceed their expectations.
- By conducting an analysis of the competition you will know how they publicize their event and how they do it.
- By knowing your target market and the industries that specialize in organizing events, we will know how to identify our strengths and weaknesses and make the necessary improvements to plan better events.
Tips for conducting surveys for events
If you are about to carry out surveys for events, we have the following tips for you:
Don't wait for a long time to take the survey.
Once the event is over, you can apply it. Surveys for events can be sent via email or installed in specific places where attendees can go at the end, for example through a tablet when leaving the premises.
Run a friendly survey optimized for mobile devices.
You can use images and videos that make the survey easier to answer. We recommend keeping it short, this will help increase the response rate. By conducting an optimized survey on a mobile phone or tablet, it will be easier to get it answered by those attending the event.
Use your survey to thank attendees and promote new events.
Be grateful to the people, because thanks to their attendance, the event was possible. By doing so, you will achieve a positive experience in them.
In addition, you can take advantage of the moment to promote your upcoming events and know the approximate number of people who may attend.
In this article we have for you the three things that you must change to achieve greater attendance at your event.
Sample questions for an event satisfaction survey
Some of the questions that you can use when taking your surveys for events are the following:
- On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest, how would you rate the organization of the event?
- How satisfied are you with the lectures given?
- Have you attended any of our events before?
- On a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the highest, how would you rate the information offered by today's speaker?
- Please indicate the 3 things you liked the most about the event.
- Please list 3 things you didn't like about the event.
- How would you rate the organization of the event?
- Do you point out the media in which you saw publicity for the event?
- Would you attend our events in the future?
- Taking into account everything you experienced at the event, what are the chances that you will recommend us to your friends or colleagues?
Advantages of conducting surveys for events
Here are some of the benefits of conducting event surveys:
- They allow to collect information about the organization of the event, the capacity of the speakers and the satisfaction of the users.
- When conducting event surveys, you can make adjustments to improve negatives and provide a positive experience for attendees.
- Organizers can interact with attendees and get their opinions about their impressions of the event.
- Help increase the number of attendees to future events.
Online surveys have great advantages for event organizers, since they allow to collect information easily and in real time, and know if the expectations of the attendees were exceeded and make the necessary improvements for the success of future events.
AUTHOR: Andrés Muguira - Director of QuestionPro Latin America